Friday, May 7, 2010

Random thoughts...

Oh shoot...That is what is said this morning as I was brushing my teeth and realized I was using Ty's toothbrush instead of mine. Thatcher was by my side brushing his teeth for the morning as well. Right after I said 'Oh shoot' Thatcher repeated the same phrase very clearly. I laughed out loud which provoked Thatcher to say it over and over again a number of times. I love that he is talking more, and repeating a ton...I guess I am just going to have to be better about what I say in front of my boy.

Yesterday Thatcher cut his chin on a park bench, then an hour later split his lip on a different park bench (blood was everywhere and that ended our park trip for the day), then today when leaving the duck pond I slammed his fingers in the car door. It has been a rough couple days for the little Thatch-man. I am a little nervous to see what the rest of the summer holds.

I don't think a happier, smilier baby has ever lived than my baby James. Yesterday he laughed every time I hiccuped. I am the luckiest mom.

My kitchen is dirty my fridge is empty, I desperately need a shower, I have a load of clean laundry that needs to be folded sitting on the floor and another load that needs to be switched to the dryer, I have a huge list of random things that have been neglected all week because of Activity Days, craft night, our trip to Phoenix and life, and I have approximately 45 minutes until Thatcher is awake. And I am blogging. Sometimes it is easier to pretend life is relaxing and that I have time to do the things I want than face reality and be a productive mom.

James has been banned to the middle floor. It is time for my angel to sleep through the night and we have two weeks before a summer full of trips begins. So tonight he will be sleeping downstairs because hearing him cry when he is in our room is unbearable. I swear, 5 minutes of crying feels like 30. I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment