Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Exhausted and overwhelmed....

I am one day behind in my write-every-day goal, but I will catch up. It is 10:31- way past my bed time- and I am beyond exhausted. I have a cold, I drove down to Phoenix this morning, got more sun than I have had since last summer, and had a great time with family...I am beat. But, I am also overwhelmed, with emotion. I feel like there have been a number of things that have happened recently that have reminded me how blessed I am, especially because of my angelic children that I have the opportunity of raising.
I watched a 'Mormon Message' today on Stephanie Nielson and was overcome (for probably the 10th time) thinking about her story. I have cried and spent so much time the last few weeks thinking about my friend Nicole's older brother who just lost a daughter to SIDS. The daughter was just a little bit older than James. A man called the Ridings multiple times today trying to get a hold of Jed in hopes that he could get some food. There is just so much sadness in this world and we are so blessed.
I am watching my angel sleep next to me as I typed this and it doesn't make sense to me why I have been so incredibly lucky. My sweet James and sweet Thatcher are my light. They are my life and I am so grateful for them. I know I need to live a better life and do more to be worthy of the great blessing they are to me. I'm sure going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment