Monday, May 3, 2010

7 years ago...

I graduated from BYU, gave my farewell talk, turned 21, went to California with my boyfriend to say goodbye to my dad, packed my things, and left on my mission...all in three weeks. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but other times it seems like it couldn't have been my life. Those were a crazy three weeks. It is funny to think that tomorrow is about as busy a day as I will ever have...gym, play group, Activity Days, and friends over for craft night. I know I loved my life 7 years ago and leaving on a mission was an incredible adventure, but I love my life so much more now.
I am so grateful that I have Babywise, and Love and Logic on my nightstand instead of the missionary discussions and a French dictionary. I am so grateful I have spitup on my shirt and stretch marks on my belly instead of perfectly cleaned and ironed clothes and an hour of gm time every day. And I wouldn't trade cuddle time with my James or watching Thatcher play with his cars for anything. I loved my BYU years and I am so glad I got to serve the Lord for 18 months, but there is nothing like being a mom. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment