Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter party

Before my family came into town we had a little Easter party for Thatcher and his friends. We made bunny ears, went on an egg hunt, read Thatcher's favorite Easter book, had some jumping/waddling/hopping races, and decorated Easter shaped rice crispy treats. It was a fun afternoon... probably because two and three year olds aren't very hard to please.

Pre-party preparations:



Mid-party faces:



The dirty easter egg hunt:



Group photo shot (we asked the kids to stand by the tree...and they did just that):
Simon wanted to stand by his own tree:
Decorating rice krispie treats:


Some finished rice krispie treats (ok, so maybe I decorated those...the others were barely decorated and already eaten before I could take any pictures):

What the boys were doing while I was decorating the last of the treats. James came up with a game where he put a key in his mouth (don't ask me how he found that) and then spit it into a glass jar. Good game for a 1-year-old, huh?:
I am starting to realize how hard it is to be hostess, mom of two, and photographer all at the same time. I am hoping I will get better as time goes on (but by then I will probably be a mom of three crazy kids instead of just two).

No comments:

Post a Comment