Thursday, December 30, 2010

My baby James is one

I can't believe he is that big...but then he does things that remind me that he is definitely a one year old. Today alone James has been standing for longer periods of time than he ever has before, he climbed into the bathtub twice (scary), he rolled all the way down the stairs (scarier), and he has been climbing up anything he can get on (which happens every day).

We celebrated in Salt Lake with cupcakes and James was in heaven with his giant cupcake. He also loved the birthday song and laughed every time we sang (which was probably 5 times in the end because he loved it so much). We tried to celebrate with the Martins as well, but James and Thatcher were completely at the end of their rope and we went home before we were able to sing and eat cupcakes with them. James got some fun presents from his grandparents and I hope he felt loved.














Yesterday we went to the doctor for his 1-year appointment and he did great. He throws a fit every time I try to get him to hold still for a diaper change, but he was perfectly still every time the doctor or nurse was measuring or examining him. I was in total shock. He has jumped on the charts for both weight (82%) and height (88%) and as usual his head is off the charts. I love my chubby big-headed boy. I love watching him play. He watches Thatcher and really tries to imitate everything Thatcher does. He loves to play peek-a-boo, is hilarious with his cars, he loves throwing balls, loves riding his rocking horse, has discovered an ability for clapping which he loves, and is just busy exploring all the time.

Oh...and James has a new nickname thanks to his uncle Ryan. Minion (from the movie 'Megamind'. With James's three jagged bottom teeth and huge round eyes, I have to agree with Ryan, and I like the name minion anyway...so Minion it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment