Monday, January 10, 2011

Thatcher-isms

Thatcher has been cracking me up lately. He is so funny. Sometimes he tries to be funny, but most of the time it just happens. He is the sweetest boy and it has made all the pooping accidents, throwing up, diarrhea at church incidents, and not-going-to-bed dramas bearable. But, to be honest, it has been a rough week with the Thatch-man.

Here are some of his funny saying from the last couple days:
- this morning when I was brushing my teeth he came into my room yelling, "Hey, Jen Martin!"
- yesterday, Thatcher came up to Ty and said, "Dad, I lost mom."
- this morning I told James that we should start calling him 'handsome' and maybe he would respond better to that. Thatcher agreed that "hamster" was a great name for James and that he wanted to be called "hamster" too
- yesterday Thatcher informed us that "Mom is Sally, Dad is Yeti, and Thatcher is Lightning"
- we are working on "excuse me" but right now Thatcher prefers to say "stop talking Mom" when he feels he has something important to say
- we have been discussing the importance of earning things, especially since we have been pulling out all our trick to work on the aforementioned problems (pooping on the floor, not staying in bed, etc.). Now Thatcher informs me when he feels he has "earned it"
- the other day Thatcher explained that "Mater loves Ramone, and Slow (what he calls Flo) loves Lightning". He had them kiss and everything
- Thatcher is very good at expressing when he is happy or whatever else he is. He often tells us, "I so excited", "I go potty!", "I happy", "I love you", "Thatcher tired", and "Thank you mom/dad". He really is the sweetest kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment