Friday, December 10, 2010

a great day for Thatcher, a not so great day for James

Yesterday was the long awaited day for Thatcher's party. He has been so excited for weeks and he had a blast. He was so excited to have his friends over! We played "pin the star on the tree", "Santa says", we decorated gingerbread men and other cookies, and we made snowmen out of marshmallows. Thatcher's party ended with him giving each of his friends a treat bag with jingle bells and a funny toy that shoots discs (among other things). The kids had fun playing with their toys and dancing to Christmas music. I was nervous to see how 2-year-olds would participate, but they did great and everyone had a fun time.









James also had fun eating (and then spitting out) gingerbread cookies, and playing with the ball popper with Aaron.



...until after almost everyone had left when James pulled a stocking and stocking holder on his face. Those things are heavy! I ran over to him as I was watching it happen and just felt sick as I picked him up. He was crying so hard and soon I saw blood in his tears. I went into panic mode and quickly got everyone in the car. I was taking my friend and her little boy from the party home so we did that detour first, then headed toward the hospital as I was calling everyone I knew who could tell me what to do. I called the pediatrician's office and after explaining everything to them the nurse said we could come in and see the doctor right away instead of going to the ER. I picked up Ty and then we headed to the doctor's. The doctor said that there was just a cut on the skin on the outside of the eye and that James would probably have a little scar there as a result. She also said that the whit part of his eye was scratched a little, but it was nothing to cause too much concern. She gave James a prescription for eye drops and that was it. James was such a sweetheart through the whole thing, but it was so hard for me to see something like that happen to my baby and then to have all the "what ifs" enter into my head. I am so glad he is ok. These pictures don't quite show just how bad it really looks, but they are the best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment