Tuesday, December 7, 2010

too busy

I like being busy. I actually love it. I thrive on it...but I have come to realize that I have my limits. The last month has felt too busy. There have been a ton of fun things that I haven't even recorded. These are what the last two weeks have involved:
- Music Class party...a fun end to a fun couple months of watching Thatcher and James laugh, sing, and learn with other kids.
- Cookie exchange...it was a success. It was fun and I am glad I made it happen. Ty went to work the next day with 11 plates of cookies...enough for every person in his office.
- Coconino County Bar Christmas Party...scallops, shrimp, duck, exotic cheeses. Who cares that the company wasn't that great when the food is?
- Missionaries for Dinner...loved that Thatcher and James were extra unruly. They were laughing, screaming, and cracking each other up the entire visit (making conversation and spiritual-message-sharing quite difficult)
- Super Craft Day...five hours of me cutting vinyl for all my friends while someone is constantly holding James and Thatcher causes mischief with other kids
- Activity Days...a fun Christmas activity that focused on service and making candy Christmas countdown chains for everyone's family.
- Reflections of Christ...a kind of cool photography exhibit focusing on the life of Christ, complete with a bell ringers performance (where James dumped a bottle of water on the gym floor and then played in it)
- French tutoring
- Thatcher's Christmas party (more details and pictures to come on that one)
- Book Club...discussing Hallelujah (a book that kept me up till 2:00am sobbing because it touched/upset me so much)
- Logan visiting for two days...he got accepted to NAU, hooray!
- Baby Shower for Bridget... a lot of work.

On top of those events I have had piano and organ practicing and playing occupying my time as well as making and delivering invites for a number of these events, Christmas shopping, going to the gym, gymnastics, story time, adressing Christmas cards, POTTY TRAINING, cooking, baking, reading up a storm, experimenting with caramels, crafting, Ty studying for the Utah bar, and other normal craziness. I feel beat and I can't wait to go to Salt Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment