Wednesday, December 15, 2010

crazy...I think

So...Monday morning after not sleeping all night (because that is what I do when I am anticipating anything at all), Thatcher woke up at 4:15 so I had Ty help me get the boys in the car and we were off!
The car was loaded to the brim with Christmas presents, and silhouette supplies. We made record time and the boys were angels (most of the time). They slept and watched 'Cars' (on our nifty new DVD player), Thatcher and I sang a bunch of songs together, and Thatcher also spent a while reading his books. James had a rough time falling asleep for a nap which means that we all had a rough time, but we made it! The whole trip went much better than I imagined it would driving in the winter alone with my little cars and my two boys.
And now we are here...in Salt Lake...where my boys get way too many treats, way too many presents, and way too much attention. It is fabulous. We have only been here two days and already we have had a lot of fun and I have been able to help my mom a lot with her projects.
Thatcher never stops singing, and if he does it is only so he can talk. He has had so much fun exploring Nana's house, looking at his presents under the tree, and playing with Kelly and Josh. It is going to be a great two weeks!

Here are two pics I took before we left Flagstaff. This is my little Shepherd. Thatcher's nursery dressed up on Sunday and Thatcher was very excited to be a shepherd. He was the only kid who stayed in costume the entire time. This is him trying out the outfit.

I love this picture. James was in the sink because he was so dirty after dinner and Thatcher pulled a stool over to get to the gingerbread house. The two were laughing at each other in between bites of gross candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment