Friday, November 26, 2010

What are they thinking?

I love the age Thatcher is right now because it is so funny to hear what he is thinking about every second of every day (he never stops talking). His talking ability proved very helpful yesterday when I found myself in a very funny and slightly embarrassing situation. We have been going to "gymnastics" every week for a while now. For two hours, Thatcher gets to run around and do anything he wants a a great little gymnastics gym in town. He loves it, he talks about it all the time, and he has gotten a lot more daring in the last month which has been fun for me too. So yesterday we went and I was kind of distracted because a bunch of my friends were there and there were also a ton of kid (it was the first freezing day of the year so I think parents wanted some way to get out of the house). I would break from talking to my friends once every five minutes or so just to make sure Thatcher was alive and didn't need me. One of these times I couldn't find him but didn't worry too much about it...until I found him. He was standing in the front corner (where you check in, not where any of the kids actually play) and had taken off his pants and his diaper. He was standing completely naked (except for his shirt) and just smiling at me as I came to him. I was laughing because I was in shock as to how to handle the situation. Thatcher told met hat he just wanted to go on the big potty and that is why he took his pants and his diaper off. It was funny and I was definitely shocked, but it is so nice that Thatcher was able to at least explain himself instead of leaving me baffled. He is such a funny kid. I hope this is a sign that potty training is in our near future

No comments:

Post a Comment