Monday, November 1, 2010

two pretty cute bums

These boys are getting so big. Thatcher has started to pick up everything we say and use our expressions which is a little eye-opening. He has started to say, "dang it" (thanks to Ty), "oh goodness" and "oh shute" (thanks to me), and other funny things like calling James a 'fatty' or explaining to me that Skyler was 'scared', or baby James was 'sad', or Thatcher was 'tired'. When I held my newborn Thatcher in my arms I never imagined a little boy who would be able to talk to me in full sentences and express himself. It is so much fun to know what this kid is thinking.

Tonight while bathing the boys...the two cutest naked boys in the world...I had a moment of deja vu. James was being super funny and trying to get me to laugh and I was transported back to a similar moment with Thatcher. I feel like time is going by so fast and I am so focused on Thatcher right now (which is a good thing) that I forget what he was like just a year and a half ago. It seemed surreal to me tonight as I realized that I wasn't just bathing my sweet 10 month old Thatcher (which seems about right if it were my way), but I was bathing my sweet 10 month old James and my almost 2 1/2 year old Thatcher. I can't believe that my baby is a little boy who talks to me and has an imagination and a sense of humor and a personality all his own. He jumps and dances and runs and carries his little chair everywhere to get to anything he wants. He is wonderful in every way, but it is upsetting to me that he hasn't stayed my little baby. I don't think I have thought about it that much until now that James has entered his funnest and funniest stage yet, and one that I remember very well with Thatcher. At least I have my James. Maybe my luck will be better this time around and I can keep him as my baby for forever. I still call him baby James the majority of the time...I wonder how long I will keep that up.

Evidence that it is impossible to get a picture of these two boys smiling at the camera...


This is a pretty good shot of both boys in the same picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment