Friday, November 26, 2010

"Thatcher so handsome, I so handsome"

This morning Thatcher was naked and on the couch with me when he stood up, looked into the mirror hanging above the love seat and said, "Thatcher so handsome, I so handsome." He makes me laugh so hard every day. Here are a few of the things that have made me smile in the last few days. He always talks about how "Dad's funny" and about his "funny baby", he loves Christmas song and after listening to any song that mentions Christmas, snow, Jesus, or Santa, he will say, "That's a good song", or remind me that, "Jingle bells my favorite song." He loves to make me laugh and after making me laugh with the handsome comment this morning he started jumping around saying "naked, naked, naked". The last few days have been filled with a lot of wishing "Happy Thanksgiving" to everyone he saw which I thought was so cute.

Thatcher also loves to narrate all day long. He tells me what baby james is doing..if he is sad, asleep, happy, laughing, etc. He tells me what he is doing. If he is in the bath, if he is happy, if he is eating and what he is eating. I love it. I love knowing what is on his mind.

Thatcher has been working with baby James on his talking. When they are in the car together he will say, "Baby James say gagaga" and lots of times James will say it. Thatcher will go through other sounds like "mamama" and "bababa" and I don't know where he got that. Maybe he has heard James make those noises and so he is just repeating what James says, but each time it happens it really sounds like Thatcher is telling James what to do and James does it.

Thatcher has had a few funny wardrobe moments this last week. It all started a few days ago when he tried to put on mom's yello underwear and said that he was, "Superman." I didn't know (still don't know) that he knows who Superman is, but he sure got it right that Superman wears yellow underwear. Thatcher wasn't super successful with that attempt and just ended up getting the underwear around his waist.


A day or two later Thatcher disappeared downstairs for a while and returned with my high heels. He put them on with his new Santa hat and only a diaper and said, "Ho, ho, ho".

Then today, Thatcher successfully put on a pair of his own underwear over his diaper. By 'successfully' I mean put each leg into a separate leg hole. The underwear were on backwards and it was a funny sight with his diaper underneath, but I was proud of the attempt.

Earlier this week we had a play date with Simon and Thatcher had a blast. He really didn't want to leave when it was all over. I love seeing Thatcher get along with someone so well. They play so great together and have a blast. Thatcher's favorite part was playing air hockey with Simon. He did great understanding the concept and got super excited every time he scored.


I just love my boy. Today I was exhausted and just trying to have a moment of calm while James was taking his morning nap. Thatcher was beyond hyper and climbing all over me so I told him to run around the room and I would count. He took off full speed and helped me count to ten before he explained that he was a race car and that he crashed, then fell on the floor. He has such an imagination. I loved that when he got tired he decided he needed to "crash like The King".

Update on James: He has started to play peek-a-boo in his crib when we put him down for bed. It is the cutest thing and I think he knows it works in getting me and Ty to stay in the room a little longer because we love it so much. James started sitting front facing in a big car seat this week. I can't believe my baby is old enough and big enough to do that. It is fun to be able to see his face while driving and I think he is enjoying the better view as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment