Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday vs. Disneyland

So this morning, at approximately 3:47am when I thought I was going to burst into tears because I had checked the time and been sorely disappointed that only 2 minutes had passed instead of the 7 I had thought, I started to wonder if this Black Friday thing could possible be worth it. I felt like I was in the longest line at Disneyland, except it wasn't Disneyland... I was in line to get into Target. It was 12 degrees outside and I did not dress for the occasion and it felt like the entire Navajo Nation had joined me in this adventure. But at 3:47 I had already been waiting in the freezing cold for 10 minutes and I was too stubborn to go home when I only needed to endure 13 more minutes of freezing temperatures. What I didn't know was that once I got inside I would spend a painful hour getting pushed and shoved, rammed in the back of the heels by oblivious shoppers, and then waiting in a checkout line that weaved throughout the entire store. Not so much like Disneyland, huh? Oh well. It was my choice. It is crazy what a few good deals on toys will provoke a mom to do. I am not saying it was worth it, but my boys definitely deserve an awesome Christmas and I think that is what they are going to get (that and a cranky mom today because I am beyond tired)!

No comments:

Post a Comment