Friday, November 19, 2010

Christmas is in the air

So I never thought I would be "one of those people" who decorates insanely early for Christmas, but it has happened and I have no regrets. We are heading for Utah on December 15th and Thatcher has already been getting excited about Santa and Christmas trees so we figured, why not. Thanksgiving hasn't even come and this is how excited Thatcher already is:
-Thatcher loves his Christmas stories (we read a number of them each day)
- he loves Santa and Rudolph songs and often demands that we spend time singing them each day
- he loves the nativity and baby Jesus. He plays with the Shepherd's crook from mom's Nativity every day and the other day when I asked him to take care of baby James while I was in the restroom I came out to find half of the pieces of my nativity on James's banana smeared hi-chair tray. Thatcher was so proud he had come up with a way to keep James happy.
- he loves dressing up like a reindeer with a red nose and an antler headband we have
- loves his "Mr. Tito head" who dresses up like santa and even puts Mr. Tito's beard on himself and says "ho, ho, ho"
- he loves his "jingle bells"
- he insists that his special Christmas tree is next to him when he sleeps and he gets excited if we let him sleep with a Christmas candle in his room
- the night we decorated we let him wear Christmas pajamas, and put a Christmas sheet and pillowcase on his bed and he was beyond hyper he was so excited
- he likes to wear the Christmas stockings and takes them down from the mantle and puts them on
- he loves his little snowglobe and is talks about snow and snowmen a lot
- when we ask him what he wants for Christmas he (without fail or encouragement) says "Buzz movie" which is perfect because my mom already got him Toy Story 3...he is going to go crazy for it. I am thinking it will have to be the last present he opens because he will want to watch it right then and that would put a damper on opening presents.

I should probably mention that I am excited too...really excited. Thatcher has already made this Christmas my best one yet and it is not even December. I can't wait for al the fun things coming up! It is going to be a crazy month!

No comments:

Post a Comment