Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Saying goodbye


  I knew saying goodbye to Flagstaff and especially all my friends would be hard so I tried to plan a few things to help me cope with it all.
Saying goodbye to the cabin was probably the hardest of them all.
Add caption








The few days we had in between Thanksgiving/House hunting and moving I planned a few things. A bunch of the boys' friends met us at Summit Gymnastics. It broke my heart to think of tearing Thatcher away from his 4 close friends who were so wild and fun together. Garrett, Gavin, Simon, and Thatcher just went crazy in the foam pit almost the whole time.




I also had one last Bunco night and then a little dinner get together I planned with my friends at Wildflower. It was so good to be with my friends one last time. I feel so blessed to have met and gotten to know the amazing women I was surrounded by.

On top of that, everyone was just incredible. I felt so loved and served and looked out for and it meant the world, not to mention, totally saved me. Kristi, Whitney, and Syd kicked off the service with helping me pack up almost our entire house in one day. It was so good to spend time with them and without the jump start they gave me I don't know how I would have ever done it on my own.

Then the week I was packing everything up, friends just jumped right in with Sam and Di having Thatcher over, Kim watching my kids, Tiana bringing dinner and watching kids, Bridget and her amazing help, Tiffany watching the boys while the guys loaded the truck. It really was so touching and made me even sadder to leave my friends behind. I haven't allowed others to serve me very much in my life and being served by so many was really humbling. I think it is good to learn how to be on the receiving end as well as the giving end.





And here's Howie. What would life be like without this little girl?

We got the truck loaded a day early which was a huge blessing because cleaning took about 5 times longer than I thought (and the house wasn't really dirty to begin with). We left the night before we were planning on leaving and drove to a dumpy hotel in New Mexico where we stayed and then drove the rest of the way to Castle Rock on December 1st. Ty started work on Monday, December 3rd. Not only were we exhausted, but he was super sick too. It was a pretty crazy time getting everything done, but we made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment