Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My angel


I have months of months of catch up to do, but I realized yesterday that if I don't write a little about my sweet Hadley right now that would be the saddest thing of all. Hadley just hit her 10 month mark a week and a half ago and I can't believe how fast this first year of her life is going. She has been the biggest ray of sunshine in our family since the moment she entered this world and every single day she continues to do the same. She is pure joy. She is the happiest, funniest, most beautiful baby and we are so grateful she is ours. I thought the novelty of a cute baby would wear off, but now that the boys can get her to laugh, they attack her (mostly with love) even more. Last night after I put Hadley to bed Thatcher said, "I miss Hadley when she's asleep" and I couldn't agree more.










 I don't know if Hadley is the best communicator, or just the sweetest little girl ever, but either way she is very easy to soothe and help if she is ever sad. Usually she is just ready for a nap and that is about it. She is super flexible with our every changing schedule and often doesn't go down for a morning nap until 11:00. She is so fun to take places and I love having her as my shopping buddy whenever I can take her, even if it means she stays up way past her bedtime. She loves getting out and last week at the indoor swimming pool she was in heaven with the whole new experience. Everyone at the gym always talks about how Hadley is the most easy going baby. Hadley is learning to give kisses and doesn't know any signs, but has her own sign of sorts for "more". She just waves her arms frantically until she gets more of whatever she is eating. She also sings at times. She started singing a lot at church, but it has kind of died down in the last few weeks. Sometimes she will get super conversational and just talk and talk like everyone knows what she is saying.

 Other things Hadley loves: her dad. No question he is her favorite and he is her biggest fan too. Thatcher makes her light up almost the same amount as Ty and she just loves him. James and Hadley had a really fun relationship and he can get her laughing so much, but there seems to be a cautiousness on her end because James can be too rough with her a lot. Hadley loves trying new things and has had fun recently in the bouncer and sitting on the little firetruck (the boys have started pushing it around and she things it is the greatest thing ever). Hadley loves reading books and giving loves to stuffed animals. She also loves electronics whether it is playing on our phones (and messing everything up) or skyping with her Nana. I almost forgot bath time. She loves being in the water and bathing with her brothers and showering with her dad.




 Hadley has always had a knack for eating. She was so good with solids starting at 4 months and she has only gotten better. She eats almost anything and has no teeth. Her finger dexterity is super impressive and she can pick up the tiniest little things very accurately. She has never refused something I have given her and will lunge for anything that I am eating that is different from what she has. Yesterday I was putting some string cheese away that had been in the gym bag and had my back to her as I headed to the fridge so I couldn't see her. She made the loudest monkey-like noise to get my attention and let me know that I had what she wanted. I don't even know what to say are her favorite foods because she eats EVERYTHING. Some regular things I feed her are bananas, avacados, apples, green smoothies, wheat bread, eggs, cheese, peas, cooked carrots, and everything else we eat. What can I say, my baby girl is like her mother...we just like food. The other day my neighbor and lady I visit teach saw her and said that she doesn't think she has ever seen Hadley without chocolate on her face. I'm pretty sure that's not true, but still kind of funny that her is impression of my baby girl (and my parenting).






Hadley loves playing with her brothers. She loves to feel a part of things. If they are playing with cars, she wants to be holding a car, same with blocks and anything else. She laughs at them when they are trying to be funny and is the perfect little playmate all the time. Yesterday Ty came home and played a favorite game with the kids. Ty and Hadley hide and James and Thatcher come to look for them. When James and Thatcher get close, Ty and Hadley jump out and scare the boys and then chase them. Hadley LOVES it and so do the boys. The entire time she is kicking her legs and waving her arms and laughing...except when she is hiding with her dad. It is amazing how she understands that part, that scaring is more fun if you are quiet first.

Crawling. It has been a long time coming and we are not quite there yet, but if Hadley wants something there is no question that she can get to it. Last week Thatcher and I put little pieces of popcorn on our rug and Hadley would go back and forth across the room to get to each piece. She is pretty good at scooting in a seated position and her reach is surprisingly long too. She is still not to the point where she is crawling everywhere and into everything and it is really nice. She is pretty content to sit where she is and have toys brought to her. That doesn't mean however, that she isn't the wiggliest baby ever when you are holding her. She needs to be constantly entertained at church and really appreciates having something/anything to play with at all times. She likes to keep her hands busy.

The last few days Ty and I have found Hadley after a nap or in the morning sitting up in her crib. Fun little changes that make a big difference when it comes to Hadley being able to fall back asleep. Hadley is also getting more and more hair which is fun because the boys were so bald for so long.

Last week Hadley cut her first two teeth. We were at the zoo with Maggie and her kids and by the end Hadley was pretty unhappy which is so unlike her. Even when she is tired, Hadley is the sweetest most patient little girl so I knew something was wrong. That afternoon she had another fussy moment and I stuck my finger on her gums. Sure enough, two little teeth had popped through. Poor girl. She has been obviously uncomfortable a number of times this week and I just hate that babies have to go through that.

Hadley is my first baby to love her binkie. I am a little nervous to see how that evolves over the next little while, but right now it is such a life saver and so nice. If Hadley is ever fussy I just give her her favorite blanket that she pulls up to her face and her binkie, I sing her a song, turn on her soother, and she is gone in moments. She also loves bottles though she doesn't get them very often. Whenever she sees one she kind of has a little conniption of excitement. Sometimes I feel like we are nearing the end of nursing. She gets so distracted with me, doesn't seem to have a lot of patience with me, and would rather play with me, my hair or anything else in sight instead of stay latched on. We'll see.

I don't know if there is much that Hadley doesn't like. She is truly the greatest blessing in my life. She is pure joy. Everything about her makes me want to be happier, better, and enjoy each moment. Her huge eyes, her perfectly fat and chubby body, her smile and personality, she is perfection. She is our princess and our angel and even though I hardly ever feel like I have even the slightest grasp on my life and on a routine and on being the person I want to be...I have her and that really is enough. I can't imagine life without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment