Friday, June 1, 2012

memorial day

We had an extra special Memorial Day this year. Martha and Adam Birk and their three darling girls came down from Las Vegas to spend the weekend with us at my grandpa's cabin in Oak Creek. They got in late Friday night, then Saturday morning we tried to stay warm (it was exceptionally cold), ate a delicious crepe breakfast, walked down to the crossing and just hung around (it is amazing how hard it is to get 4 adults and 6 kids, one of whom is a nursing baby, out the door). After naps we walked to the West Fork trail head and the crazy ones in our group played a little in the water before heading back. We had a fabulous dinner and stayed up talking much later than my normal bedtime.




On Sunday we went to church, had a nice dinner on the deck at the cabin, and watched a movie together once the kids were asleep.

Reminiscing about EFY days and all the pictures Marth and I have in our church clothes.
We turned on Cars 2 to help the kids wind down. I love how Mini is surrounded by my boys. So cute.


Monday we went to Slide Rock in the morning. It is a fun place to take people and Martha and Adam were very brave despite the frigid cold water. I was grateful to have a newborn strapped to me so I didn't feel guilty about not wanting to get in. Martha was also very brave when she volunteered to sit in our tiny back seat with 4 kids! The things we do to save a little bit of money!

It was a fun weekend and so fun to see our kids play together and get along. Mini taught Thatcher school, Thatcher and Emmy played animals together a ton, and James and Emmy gave their animals baths in the sink...it was pretty cute. Even though we were quite the circus and things were crazy it was very rejuvenating to spend time with someone who knows me inside and out and has been a huge part of my life for more than half my life. It is good to be reminded of what an amazing friend I have in Martha.



No comments:

Post a Comment