Saturday, June 9, 2012

Favorite memories of the week

-James laying down with Hadley and putting his blanket over both of them and then giving his pig to her (which means shoving it in her face).

- James saying, "look, Hadley is a caterpillar" when she was swaddled
- Hadley smiling for the first time and right at Thatcher. It was the cutest thing to see not only her smile, but how happy it made Thatcher
- Hadley smiling all the time now. She is a little flirt and quite the social butterfly.
- Thatcher picking out a headband all by himself and then putting it on Hadley without telling me.
- Thatcher singing Hadley songs that he makes up
- James trying to hold Hadley (scary, but sweet). I have learned to not correct him while he is still holding her because if he thinks he has done something wrong he will just push her off of him.


- Thatcher putting the pirate eye patch on Hadley
- Teaching aerobics again. It feels so good to be back even though I have a ways to go. It is funny how I forgot what it was like to not have every movement be so labored.
- Hosting craft night...a lot of work, but good to be with friends and nice to not have to plan another one for a year.
- Thatcher getting excited about his "Buzz" cut. Here is his before picture.

- Birthday parties. We went to two parties this last week and they have helped get Thatcher extremely excited for his own birthday coming up
- Bathing Hadley. It makes me so happy every time because she loves it and check out those rolls.


- Time at the cabin. We took some friend with us last Saturday and had a nice time. There were 6 boys between the ages of 2 and 5 and they were hilarious together. I love boys.
- Checking on Thatcher who was supposed to be taking a nap and finding this:

- A weekend alone with my baby. Ty has been in Salt Lake this weekend with the boys and I have been in Flagstaff with my Hadley. It has been amazing. I ran tons of errands, got a pedicure with friends, spent Friday cooking dinner and hanging out with another friend, finished a number of projects I have been aching to do, and most of all have just been able to enjoy my angel baby. It has been so good for us to have some quiet. Poor Hadley is always surrounded by noise and brothers who are constantly waking her up and attacking her (with love). I think she has been happier the last couple days having a little break from that. As wonderful as the last two days have been, I am already ready for my boys to come back. A couple days is all I needed to feel rejuvenated and ready to be a mom to three kids again.

No comments:

Post a Comment