Monday, December 5, 2011

Switzerland: Lake Thun

October 12

This was my last day to use my Swiss pass which was such a great thing…so use it we did. We took a train to Thun then hopped on a boat to Spiez. The boat ride was incredible with views of amazing buildings along the lakefront, snow-covered alps in the distance, and green hills everywhere else. It was so incredible we decided to take the boat back to Thun instead of getting a train right in Spiez. While in Spiez we got a great lunch right on lake where there was a playground for the kids to play on. James and Thatcher make friends wherever they are and this day was no exception. After making two little friends while eating ice cream Thatcher came up to me and said, “I only speak English”…I thought that was pretty cute. It was really a perfect and relaxing outing. We got back before too late and then Kelly watched the boys while Keith, mom and I went out to dinner. It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment