Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Another year. Another set of goals. I have really worked the last few years on setting realistic goals instead of being overly ambitious, and still I fall short...but the few that I do manage to accomplish help me to feel like I am moving forward, even if it is ever so slightly, instead of remaining stagnant of regressing. So...here are my resolutions for 2012

- read to the boys for at least 30 minutes a day
- attend temple 4 times
- read the Book of Mormon
- pass group fitness certification exam
- don't watch Glee
- exercise 4 times a week (except the month the baby is born)
- go to Disneyland
- sell house, pay off high interest rate student loans, pay for baby with cash
- take a dance class
- potty train James
- run a race
- finish a blurb book for 2011, and 2007-2009
- pray every day
- FHE every monday

Family theme of the year: Find joy in the moment

I just want to decide to be happy. I love my life and we are so blessed, but I have a tendency to hope for they day that our house will be sold and when James will stop biting and head-butting and when we will be living in Salt Lake and when I will be skinny again and when Ty will be making a lot of money. I want to relish every moment I have with my sweet boys and make every day a good one. I think it is going to be a really good year! How could it not be with these two incredible boys (and a baby girl on the way)?

No comments:

Post a Comment