Monday, December 5, 2011

Switzerland: all the rest

The last two weeks in Switzerland involved a lot of the same (ie. eating, cooking, grocery shopping, more eating and cooking, etc.), but they were great and we still made a lot of memories:

- I got to go to the Bern temple with my mom and her friend. It cost over $15.00 to rent temple clothes, crazy, huh? I was able to listen to the session in French and the veil workers only spoke French which made it fun too. An Italian temple worker stopped a lady who spoke French and had her tell me in French that he thought my eyes were beautiful. I love how nice members of the church are

- Kelly and I went shopping downtown and had lunch. Mom gave us some money to spend and we had a nice time.

- Playing outside whenever it was nice enough, playing in the sandbox, and going on walks.

-Dinner at Mongolian BBQ: I ate more than any human should eat at one sitting, but it was so good and so worth it.

-Thatcher: “Don’t say no to James mom”

-James and his obsession with wearing his blanket over his head

-The boys jumping off the couch onto the mattress…ALL DAY

-James and his crazy vocabulary. He is talking so much.

-How much the boys love to ride on buses, trams, trains, and boats. They talk about it all the time and love it. It is the first thing James talks about when he wakes up and all he wants to do.

-Trying Raclette (a traditional Swiss dinner of potatoes and cheese) at a ward dinner.

-Spending the day with my mom (and no boys) shopping and hanging out around Bern.

-Trying lots of new recipes and trying to help mom navigate the grocery stores (my French helped a lot, but it is still impossible to find a lot of things). I shared a bunch of my favorite recipes with my mom, but I think I am also coming home with at least five new ones that we tried and loved (thank you Pinterest).

-All the hot chocolate, bread, and cheese we have eaten. It brought me back to my mission days (and confirmed why I gained so much weight).

-We have had lots of snuggle time since we have been here. I love having down time with my boys.

-Bath time has become a favorite. The boys have always loved it, but now James will instigate it sometimes multiple times a day. He will tell me he wants to take a bath and then start undressing himself.

-Thatcher has been really homesick and talks a lot about his yellow house and his toys. I am surprised he has missed it as much as he has and it has been kind of sad. He has still been happy though and we will be home soon!

-Thatcher being a baby dinosaur. He will come out of the baby dinosaur’s stomach (the inside of a big toy they have on the family trains) and then crawl around telling us that he was born.

-Seeing Thatcher make friends with kids that don’t speak his language. It is so funny to see how he still communicates and plays with them. What a great skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment