Thursday, December 29, 2011

my crazy incredible boys

I love my kids. I feel like there have been more meltdowns and more time-outs than ever before, but they also make me laugh more and fill my heart with gratitude more than ever before.

Last night Thatcher wanted another story (he has really learned how to work us over at bedtime and usually ends up with multiple stories from dad and sometimes even a story from mom...these are made up stories told after prayers and lights out). As I was in there beginning my story James started giving his usual command, "Tickle here." He had stuck his leg out of the crib to show me what he wanted tickled. He then proceeded to expose different body parts and say, "tickle here." He lifted up his pant leg, then his shirt sleeves, then his pajama shirt. He was as happy as can be as I tickled every part he wanted.

Last night when Ty was telling the boys a story, Thatcher gave it a little spin. Instead of hiking up to the mountains to find a big black dragon, Thatcher decided he and James were hiking to find blackberries. And they found lots of them. After they ate a lot of blackberries. They started throwing the blackberries in the water to feed the fish. Then James and Thatcher put their hands in the water and the fish bit their fingers, but they got new fingers so it was ok...Isn't that hilarious. When Ty relayed all the things Thatcher said, I was pretty impressed with his story telling experiences.

Thatcher has such an incredible imagination and is always in some make believe story. I just love watching him play and seeing the things he comes up with. It is amazing what a three-year-old mind can create and come up with.

While in Salt Lake we had some serious problems trying to put James to bed and down for naps. He is the climber extraordinaire and would pop right out of his pac'n'play the second we put him in. One nap time Ty and I were working together to force a nap on him. He had already gotten out at least 10 times and we thought the battle had finally been won when a little head peeked out from the closet door. He had the happiest and proudest little smirk on his face like he was in on a big joke. Then he said, "Pop's shoes" and walked out with Darrell's flip flops on his feet. It was hard to enforce any sort of discipline at that point because we were laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment