Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Decorating

Putting our new house together has been so much fun for me. I have worked really hard knowing that once the baby comes, life will change drastically. Feeling like I had a timeline was good motivation to get a lot done and try some things I have wanted to try for a while. So here is the house after a month of moving in.

Boys' room:

I still want to make fabric padded headboards, but besides that, it is pretty much finished. The vinyl is too high, the drapes aren't perfect, the carpet is awful...but those are things I can live with. My favorite thing about their room is their airplane pillows and and the vintage airplanes I bought a couple years ago and have been holding onto waiting for the day I got to put their big boy room together.






Baby's room:

I still don't know how I want to finish her room, but I love it for now. The crib skirt will add a lot and that will be done soon and there are so many other ideas I wanted to try in here (I have a collection of white frames that I wanted to use with fun prints and fabrics and pictures inside), but I feel like I ran out of room so fast and don't want the room to become busy. My favorite thing in this room is the gray stripe and the white shelf with the gray H and yellow bird. There is something about walking in this room (I do it multiple times a day) that gets me so excited for the little angel that is about to join us.



Master bedroom:

This is the same as it was in our townhome but we had to paint over a horrible dark red wall and so we ended up with a gray wall and I love it. I also splurged on the yellow lamps which I think add so much to the room and make it feel different. I needed that because I have been so tired of our bedding but can't justify new bedding even though it has been 5 years. I will never buy Pottery Barn bedding again because my tastes change so often I don't think it is every worth it to spend that much money on it.


Living area:

I love how this collage turned out even though I need to change a few things on it. The rest of the room I love too. I love the colors and I love feeling like I can repurpose all the things my mom has given me and make them work. It has been fun taking this room and making it work with what we already had, especially given the weird spaces and nooks.





Guest and master bath:
Nothing special...but before and after pics would be nice because the window coverings were awful before.


Kitchen:
No pictures because my kitchen has been dirty and it is nothing special. I do love having one eating area and having it be over tile though. Maybe someday it will be tolerable once we get the hens out of it, different window coverings, a cute centerpiece, etc., ...but for now it is just a normal kitchen.

So that is where we live. I love it for now. I love living close to friends, I love having a yard, I love having no stairs, and I love feeling like I was able to create a place that is mine and special for our family. It is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment