Tuesday, May 8, 2012

big brothers

I was so excited to get home on Thursday so James and Thatcher could meet their baby sister. Their reactions did not disappoint at all. They were so excited and so sweet with her from the beginning. James was sweet with her in is own two-year-old rough James way, but Thatcher knew perfectly how soft and careful he needed to be. 

James was the first to give her a big kiss.
Thatcher was the first to get to hold her.
 Hadley came with presents for the boys which ended up being a great idea, so grateful to whoever shared that one with me. James wanted to show Hadley the crocodile she gave him.
 James was very impatient and excited for his turn.
 Ty's parents came and stayed with the boys while we were at the hospital and stayed a few days after we got home. It was such a blessing to have help and they were so much help. The boys were in heaven with their Nanny and Pop giving them constant attention, trips to the park, and fun adventures like dinner at McDonalds, building boxes at Home Depot, and feeding the ducks.
 All week Thatcher has begged to hold Hadley and he will sit with her for the longest time and just look at her and let her hold his hand. He never gets flustered when she starts crying and is just super sweet and patient

 James loves his "baby Howie" too. He always says, "Where's baby Howie? There he is. I love him." He likes watching her eat and thinks it is funny that she drinks from my belly button. He has told me many times that baby Howie and mom can't drink out of his belly button. I kind of like that he has come up with that explanation. It works for now.
 When I got out my camera to take a picture of Thatcher holding his baby, James insisted I take one of him and his baby, the pig.

Despite the love they have for their baby sister, it has still been a week of transition. The boys have had frequent meltdowns (as have I) and it is interesting to see the different ways they are acting out. I love my family so much and things feel complete with Hadley here. She is such an angel and is doing really well. I am dealing with the tiredness and other not-so-fun things about having a newborn (like nursing) ok and just trying to enjoy this special newborn phase. We all feel so blessed that Hadley is here and healthy and a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment