Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April 2012

April has been a big month! It is the last day of April and I am still amazed at all that has happened in such a short amount of time. The first weekend in April we moved! We live in a small neighborhood about ten minutes outside of town where most of our friends live and where all of Thatcher's friends live and we love it here. It is so nice to have friends, neighbors, a yard, no stairs, a third bedroom for the baby, and I think we are going to be happy here. It has been a crazy four weeks trying to get everything decorated and to make our new place feel like home (we have had to do a lot of tweaking, painting, and removing of window coverings and other funny style choices in order to accomplish it).

The boys have loved being outside more. While moving in, Ty and I looked out the window to see James intent on taking his clothes off. He pulled down his pants and started first with his diaper, then moved on to his shoes, then his pants. It took a lot of work, but the end result was exactly what he was going for. Pantless and playing in the sand...it doesn't get better than that!


The weekend after we moved was Easter weekend. Our fabulous friends the Mungers invited us to go to Phoenix with them for the weekend. We drove down early Friday morning and took turns going to the temple, stayed at the beautiful Biltmore hotel, swam, went to Cafe Rio for dinner then to the Mesa temple's Easter pageant.

On Saturday we had an amazing breakfast, spent all morning swimming (which involved my boys sitting on the pool steps and throwing a fit every time I tried to get them to go into deeper waters with me), then Ty and I went with the boys to Ikea (a painful, but productive shopping trip). We got home late that night exhausted, but we had a great time. On Easter Sunday the boys woke to a ridiculous amount of stuff left by the Easter bunny. They had a great time finding eggs hidden all over the house and playing with their toys, then after church we had some friends over for a big Easter dinner and the boys got to do a bigger egg hunt outside with a bunch of their friends. It was a fun, busy, and tiring weekend!








Aren't they handsome? These pictures were taken right before they both got haircuts. The haircuts needed to happen, but their long hair sure is cute too.

Here is me Easter weekend at 36 weeks.

The rest of April has been filled with getting ready for baby, teaching aerobics (last week I taught three classes on Monday, two on Tuesday, and one on Wednesday...much to my mom and Ty's protests...and I survived!), and the same old stuff. I watched Quincy for the last time last week. James has had fun playing with him the last year and they are pretty cute together even though their personalities are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum (as are their heads). I love this picture because it shows how smart James is. Not only are the cars slightly on top of each other, but they are color coordinated. What two year old does that? Anything he arranges he calls "towers" and he comes up with the best "towers" all the time.


April definitely ended on a high note with my birthday. We had a fun weekend where Thatcher got to go to his first primary activity, then we went to a big neighborhood party where he got his face painted like superman (and therefore turned into superman the rest of the day). James went on an egg hunt at the activity and hoarded his eggs for the rest of the day as he slowly ate his goodies and wouldn't share with a single person. Then Ty and I were able to go out to dinner for my birthday.

On my actual birthday Thatcher said "Happy birthday to you" at least 30 times. I was spoiled all day by phone calls, texts, emails and people just being extra thoughtful and sweet. Kristi, Jed, and Logan were in town so they stopped by with ice cream and to look at the house which was so nice. Then Di, Tiana, Heidi, and Natalie came over and pampered me for over an hour. They gave me a foot bath and pedicure complete with a food massage, then forced me to put on a face mask complete with cucumber slices. They also came with plates of cookies and chips and salsa. It was the sweetest thing and definitely made me feel special. After all the pampering was over we went to the Mungers for a fabulous dinner and amazing birthday dessert. It was a really great day and I felt very loved.




So that is it for April. I can't believe we are here. We are moved in, the house is mostly decorated, I am done with my big test, and even though life is going to get a whole lot crazier because of having three kids, I feel really happy and at peace about everything (for the first time in a while). I am so grateful that things work out in the end and that Heavenly Father has watched out for our family as we have tried to make the right decisions for us.

Here is a picture of me last night at 39 weeks after teaching my last aerobics class. I can't wait to be a non-pregnant aerobics instructor! Now all there is to do is drive down to Phoenix tonight, get induced and welcome baby Hadley into the world. I can't wait (for her, the actual thought of labor and delivery is kind of freaking me out right now)!

No comments:

Post a Comment