Monday, November 7, 2011

Switzerland: Murten

October 2

Ty and I took Thatcher on an easy quick trip to Murten/Morat. It is a little French town pretty close to Bern and was fun to see. We showed up along with thousands of very serious looking runners ready to run in a big race. It was pretty crazy weaving through the crowds but fun to see such a big event. We saw what there was to see in the town (according to Rick Steves). My favorite thing about Murten was its skyline. The chimney's were so cool and I felt like I was in 'Mary Poppins'. We tried a tasty pastry at a local boulangerie and then headed back home. It was a cold and foggy in Murten so we felt like there wasn’t much more we could do on that trip. The rest of the afternoon I spent with the boys playing outside and doing laundry. My mom’s place has the greatest outside area next to her building with a sand box and playgrounds and the kids just love it. Ty, Keith and Josh went to a soccer game which was fun for them and on Ty's must-do list while in Europe (there were only two things on that list: see a soccer game, and go paragliding).











No comments:

Post a Comment