Monday, November 7, 2011

Switzerland, day 1

Tuesday/Wednesday, September 27/28

Probably one of the longest 24-hour stretches of my life (and I know the ride home is going to be most definitely the longest 24 hours of my life). We had to wake the kids up super early to drive down to Phoenix so I could have a doctor’s appointment before our trip. We got to see the baby’s heart beat and got some ultrasound pictures. Everything looks good and my due date is May 5th like I had guessed. Then we went to hang out at Kristi’s where I let Thatcher strip down and swim naked for a little bit, then Syd drove us to the airport where our real journey began as we…

- Frantically rearranged items to various bags to end up with the right weights

- Realized we left the car seat in the car and figured we would just survive without it

- Got covered in James’s blow out on the first flight which made us smell the rest of the trip (funny that James hasn’t had anything like that happen to him since he was a new born)

- Realized (after our first flight) that I packed a butter knife and got through security with it once (but not the second time in the international terminal)

- Almost didn’t sit together on the long flight after not sitting together from Pheonix to LAX, but got super lucky and ended up with an extra seat that saved us

- Somehow survived the 12-hour plane flight where the boys slept most of the time.

- Met my family at customs and then went to the train station and got our very expensive (but oh so worth it) swiss passes, then got on a train headed for Bern (we were quite the spectacle with Thatcher and James in a pretty tired/hyper state and all of our luggage, most of which was stuff we were bringing to my mom)

- Got off the train, walked to the tram, then took a tram 10 minutes, then walked to my mom’s house

It was pretty crazy to say the least, but at least I had Ty…I can’t even think about the nightmare that is ahead of me in a couple weeks when I fly home. We spent the afternoon/evening getting settled and eating dinner, then we took a walk to see a little of the neighborhood and came home exhausted and ready for bed. We all slept for a few hours, then James and both woke up around midnight and couldn’t get back to sleep. We ended up hanging out for probably 4 hours just talking and eating snacks. He was an angel the entire time and it made my jet lag seem less painful having him hang out with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment