Wednesday, July 13, 2011

my Thatcher

he really is asleep in this picture...poor kid, some days it isn't worth fighting for a nap and then this happens




I love this picture of Thatcher 'boating'. He wanted the boat to go in the water because that is where boats go.

Oh how I love this little boy. He is creative, smart, disciplined, and so much fun. He has his emotional breakdowns here and there, and he has told me a number of times this week that either me or Ty have made him sad, but for the most part he is just a happy, obedient, well rounded kid. Thatcher and I went on a date to Cars 2 a couple weeks ago and had fun being in the theater and eating cookie dough. He always ends up in our bed by morning and is happy there. He is the greatest independent player and is teaching James how to entertain himself and play pretend. They get into trouble together sometimes, but usually Thatcher will come and tell me if James is getting into something he shouldn't. His dad just gave him a handsome haircut and more than every before, I feel like my baby is turning into a big boy. Thatcher is very sensitive and gets beat up on by James quite a bit (as shown by the bite marks on his back). He loves his family and his friends and still goes through phases of being completely obsessed by one of the Pixar movies. The last few days we have been back on Incredibles.
Thatcher understands that he is now three and he is good at telling people how old he is. He doesn't like losing his mom or his dad and if he ever finds himself alone will come find us and tell us how he lost one of us. He is getting better at pedaling on his Lightning McQueen bike and still loves exploring in the dirt outside.

The first prayer we asked Thatcher to say completely on his own he thanked Heavenly Father for dancing, for his present from Brooklyn, for his family, and for Jesus. I don't know where 'dancing' came from, but the rest was perfect.

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, we love our Thatcher. He is growing up so fast and I am doing my best to enjoy him at this fun age.

No comments:

Post a Comment