Sunday, August 22, 2010

a whole bunch of busy

The last two weeks have left me feeling tired, sick, and overwhelmed. Kelly and Josh came to visit us in Flagstaff for a very long week filled with a lot of home-sicknesses, sulking, fighting, tears, drama....and some fun too. It certainly wasn't as easy as I had anticipated it being, but the boys were in heaven and we all survived in the end. Here are some of the things we did (even though Josh is convinced we did nothing):

- went to Phoenix and swam with the Ridings all day one day

- went to a concert (an unforgettable family band of pirates) and 'movies on the square' (where we saw Over the Hedge)




- made chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles, and other good food

- got crafty! Kelly made a little backpack and a cute head band with flowers on it, Josh made a stuffed animal, and I made an apron, a wreath for the 4th of July, a cool pinchushion/sewing stuff organizer, and I appliqued on a bag of Thatcher's.

- went swimming (until a rainstorm came and sent us home early)

- had dinner at the cabin with the Garfields and grandpa and then spent an evening sliding and cliff jumping at slide rock (where Thatcher wasn't too excited about being in cold water).



- fed the ducks at the duck pond




- spent time at the library and at the park where we had a picnic

- went to the deer farm (where Josh was traumatized by hoards of deer surrounding him and trying to eat him)



- went to a performance by Chuck Cheesman...my favorite kids' singers

- spent a morning at the cabin playing with the Garfields (I went on a run with Carson which was fun for me)

I think that is a pretty good list considering taking care of my two kids, the fact that I was sick, and the drama that was going on. We had fun, but we are all a lot happier now that we are in Utah!

No comments:

Post a Comment