Tuesday, April 9, 2013

11 months

Hadley is changing so much these days it is hard to keep up. She has a new love of the wiggle cars and little riding cars we have around and instead of just sitting on them, if you get her going fast she gets super excited. She threw little fits on Sunday when I would take her off the wiggle car and even showed frustration when I slowed down. She also got to drive the jeep for the first time the other day and loved that too.

When she is in her high chair she has a little game she plays when she wants some attention. She makes a noise that sounds like a dog barking and she gets really loud, then laughs because she knows she is funny. She also stands up which scares us to death. She has gone from being a baby to being an independent sassy little toddler overnight.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Hadley with her little friends Kennedy (a couple months older) and Emma (a couple months younger).
 Then Kyson is the only boy, but right around the same age too. So fun!
 Hadley loves her brothers. It doesn't matter what they are doing, she wants to join in and be one of the big kids.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Another thing she now likes to do at meal time is drop things on the floor. She thinks that is pretty funny too and she also likes to take her arm and swipe it back and forth on the high chair tray making the biggest mess possible

Hadley thinks any head shaking is hilarious whether it is her doing it or someone else. Last night she was on a roll and every time I would ask her a question she would shake her head 'no' vigorously. Her other tricks include tickling her animal friends and giving kisses. She has been giving kisses for a little while, but they have gotten much better recently. If she hears the word kiss, she goes to town on my face with a big open mouth. She usually isn't satisfied until she has kissed me on the lips 4 or 5 times. So gross, but so funny.

Hadley is pretty much done with nursing. Just morning and nights now. She loves cows milk and is learning to love sippy cups. She prefers bottles, but I am trying to only give her a bottle at night so we don't have to go through the trouble of weaning her from that too.

She has the cutest, funniest hair. She has so much more of it than her brothers did and it is a lot darker then theirs too. Sometimes it will be super cute and curly on the ends, but most of the time it is just a big mess...but still cute.

She has just about the cutest everything. Even her back side, which is a little alarming because of the rolls and cottage cheese, is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen.

 
She is so busy and has turned a corner in wanting to crawl up on everything and go through everything. She is pretty intent on emptying out any shelf or cupboard she can get to or trying to climb up on top of any obstacle she comes to.




 
The other night I had a huge scare with Hadley and wanted to remember it. I hope I never have a moment like that again where I think I could potentially lose a child. We had played outside all day and then I threw the kids in the bath before Ty got home because they were all covered in dirt and chalk and face paint and finger paint and ice  cream. Seriously. All three. Anyway...after baths the boys were running around naked, Hadley was playing naked on the floor, and I was trying to order a Papa John’s pizza online because I was originally going to do spaghetti and just wasn’t in the mood for messy spaghetti kids. My friend stopped by for a second to drop off some creams for Hadley because she has had some funky rashy skin.. Hadley was right next to me on the floor playing with the door stopper in the bathroom when she started to choke. I new she had the white rubber tip  in her throat. I immediately flipped her over, swiped her mouth, hit on her back...all the things I learned in my CPR training to do if a baby was choking...and nothing. I really started to freak out after a minute. Hadley was still getting noise through her vocal chords which was a good sign, but she was freaking out too and it was obvious that it was pretty well lodged. I just started having crazy thoughts like, “this is it, this is when I lose my perfect baby and it will be my fault that I can’t save her” and “she is fine now, but the more it gets lodged, that’s when she won’t be able to breath and then we won’t have long enough for an ambulance to get here” and “this is what Jon Mason just went through and he is the best person I know, this is going to be my trial now”. I really didn’t know what to do because I was doing everything I had been taught so I ran over to my next door neighbor’s house who I had just been hanging out with on the front lawn. I threw a blanket on naked Hadley and figured that Deb could call 911 while I was holding her or maybe she would have an idea, or at the very least I would have an adult with me while I waited for help or watched something terrible happen. I banged on the door and while I was waiting for her to come to the door, Hadley coughed out the rubber tip. I had to yank it out of her mouth, but it at least came unstuck. She was pretty shaken up and I was really shaken up. I have had kids fall off of things and bleed and one time James limped around for a few days and I was sure he had broken something. I have had thoughts that were like, oh great, now we’re going to have to go to the ER and even when James pulled the stocking holder on his eye I thought what if he is going to mess up his eye for forever. But I have never been in a situation where I thought I was going to actually watch my baby die. It was pretty real and pretty intense and I am still really shaken up about it. I am so grateful she is ok and still our little angel.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment