Monday, March 21, 2011

Happenings here...

"Oh my goodness" has been Thatcher's phrase of the week and it is probably because he hears me saying it all the time. It is usually in the context of, "Oh my goodness, I love you so much," or "Oh my goodness, how did you get so cute?". That is how I have been feeling a lot lately. I just can't get enough of my kids. There are definitely moments when James is crawling away from me through the church halls or climbing up onto the table to drink Ty's Mountain Dew at a restaurant that life feels hectic...but I really just love my boys and feel like they give so much joy to my life.

Thatcher has also been saying, "of course" a lot. It is usually in response to questions about desserts or treats. If we ask him if he wants a brownie, "of course" is the common response. He has also been very open about telling me when he is happy and what makes him happy. Today I gave him something he wanted and he said, "Mom, that makes me happy that you gave me that." Does it get any cuter? Thatcher is getting excited about all the talking we have been doing about Switzerland. He calls is "Slitzerland" and is already asking about when we can go. Yesterday he was looking at pictures of Switzerland with his dad and said, "Look, it's Utah." Pretty perceptive for a 2-year-old.

Thatcher's little obsession with babies continues. It abates when he isn't around them, but after seeing my friend Bridget's baby, he found a rock that he decided was his baby and took care of it all Saturday afternoon. It was quite an ordeal when the baby (rock) got lost or stuck.

We have spent a lot of time outside recently. We have been bird watching (thanks to our bird feeder), kite flying, we spent a morning feeding the ducks, and have spent tons of time riding wiggle cars and bikes outside. We love nice weather! James is always so happy when he is outside and if there are animals to look at it makes it even better.

But today has been spent inside because of the nasty weather. I love this picture because it shows what the boys spend the majority of their time doing...riding their cars. If James is sleeping Thatcher asks me if we can wake him up so they can ride cars together. It gets pretty crazy sometimes, but it is so funny. Notice the "hat" James is wearing (it is a sticker of a leprechaun hat that Thatcher stuck in his hair) and the backwards shirt and pants that Thatcher is wearing (he was super determined to get his Incredibles costume on no matter what it took!).

Yesterday Thatcher got what is probably his worst injury to date. He was redecorating his egg tree and fell off of our bed. Instead of just falling onto the carpet, he slid down, scraping his naked belly on the corner of our nightstand poor kid. Today at the gym though he was very excited to lift up his shirt and show all the day care workers his hurt.

James continues to keep me on my toes. No progress in the walking department, but he is adding to his word repertoire. He has started saying "boo" when playing peek-a-boo, and he says what I think is "ball" when referring to balls and books. I think he has a word for car but I am not sure and he is great at car noises. Every animal sounds like a monkey and "cheese" and "uh-oh" continue to be the consistent ones. He loves to hide in his special spot in my tupperware cupboard and gets really excited when he can tell we are looking for him. He continues to be the snuggliest kid in the world and I just love him. I can't get enough of his funny, mischievous, happy personality.




Last week Thatcher went to his friend Skyler's birthday party. He was so excited to give Skyler his present and was extremely helpful providing aid in unwrapping the present. He had a blast bouncing in a bounce house and eating two helpings of cake. His friends really love him and it shows!

I love this picture. I told Thatcher to go stand next to Skyler, so he did. And he stayed there while all the other kids were running around and even when Lexi stood in front of him. He is so obedient.



It's funny how keeping a blog or journal or any record really helps me to recognize the blessings in my life and the fun things I get to do. We just got home from swimming at the auquaplex for family night and even though our life isn't a party all the time we really do get to do a lot of fun things. Especially thanks to my kids who keep things interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment