Wednesday, June 16, 2010

my mom

Being a good mom is important to me. It is the only real thing I am doing in my life right now, I enjoy it so much, and I really want to be good at it. Not only that, but I have been blessed with an angel toddler and a very sweet and fun, albeit spunky (a nice way of putting it), baby. My mom is constantly building me up by telling me she thinks I am a great mom. She has always been my number one fan (still thinks I am the most beautiful girl she knows, and is never ending in her building me up when it comes to anything... accomplishments, body image, friends, relationships, callings, spirituality, etc.), but her confidence in my mothering abilities has meant more to me than any of the other things she has complimented me on throughout my life. I want to be a good mom with my whole being, but so often I feel like I am not doing enough, that I don't handle each situation perfectly, and that I just don't have enough energy, love, time, and creativity to give. I realized talking to my mom tonight (where she was once again building me up like no one else can) that if I do anything right as a mother it is because of her. I was blessed with an amazing mom and because of that blessing, hopefully my kids will be blessed because it has made me the mom I am.
I love my kids so much. We have been in Phoenix today and I am so grateful for the way they interact with others. They laugh, smile, they take good naps, they are just happy and good natured kids and they deserve the best mom in the world. My motivation has been renewed to be that for them. I am going to start with being more like the mom I remember my mom being to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment