Wednesday, January 11, 2012

busy and blessed

The last couple weeks have been fun, but as usual, I overbook my life and it has felt super busy. Add to the typical businness: an hour each nap and bed time fighting with James to stay in his bed plus cleaning the house every time I leave it because more people have been coming to look at it plus random things like a ward temple trip, a CPR training, a new employee orientation for the gym, and a stake training and other evening activities that have been taking me away from my family at night....and I have been one tired (and sometimes grumpy) mom.

We have had fun during the days going to story time, gymnastics, swimming, and playing with friends, with the new puppet theater I made the boys, and dressing up like Finn McMissile (that has been the favorite character of late).

I love that Thatcher always wants me to take pictures of him, that he says please all the time, that he loves cooking with me, that he is obedient, and that he is always so creative. He is the best kid and my heart melts every time we have a little chat and I get to hear his funny ideas. He has been so excited about sunbeams and has done a great job the last two weeks going to primary with all the big kids.
James is my snuggle bug and he makes me laugh every time he says, "hi boys" to me and Thatcher, "thanks man" (where he got that I have no idea), "I did it, I did it!" (even when he has successfully accomplished something naughty), and how every time he is poopy he says, "poopy again". He is getting very good at staying in time out and waiting for the beep (which sadly happens way too often because of his naughtiness). James has peed in the toilet three times int he last week. It is entirely thanks to Ty and very exciting. I know it will be a long time before we are ready, but he is already showing promise at understanding the concept. James has been climbing out of his crib for a few weeks, but we finally had a traumatic fall and decided it was time to be done with the crib. Now James is sleeping in a big boy bed and it is going to be a long process getting him to stay in it. Oh how I love cribs when they work.
This morning the boys were super excited about the snow plow going back and forth and watched it on their stools for a very long time.My boys before church. Thatcher and James are sporting the ties I made them. Thatcher's turned out great and he will wear it a bunch, but after one Sunday James's tie is already ready to be retired.As a special treat we had ribs (and baked beans) the other night. Thatcher ate as many ribs as Ty and me. He can be a pretty impressive eater. Last week Ty told me he ate 3 big pieces of pizza while I was at my CPR training.
My boys eating banana bread. Thatcher and I made a double batch last week and I think it was gone in two days. It is all they would eat...Ty and I had our fair share too.

1 comment:

  1. Love the puppet show deal. so cute. and... I want some ribs:)

    ReplyDelete