Friday, September 9, 2011

never thought it would happen

Last Christmas each of the boys got a Zhu Zhu pet. They have played with their pretend hamsters off and on, but I think I thought they were cooler than Thatcher and James ever did. Until the last few days. James has had a blast with his hamster. He plays with it, follows it around, and takes care of it. Then today he snuck up behind me and let it "crawl" on my hair. I reacted quickly as the warning I had seen numerous times was flashing in my head "CAUTION: Motorized wheel toys have the potential for hair entanglement". I stopped the wheels with my hand and after a lot of struggling and winding the wheels backwards, I got my hair free (except for the embarrassingly huge chunk that was still in in the hamster's wheel. Those warning labels are there for a reason, and I guess sometimes we need to learn those lessons the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment