Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day

I hadn't been in the mood for Valentine's Day much this year, but I started to feel bad I wasn't making a big enough deal of it so I tried to make up for it in the week before the holiday of love. We have been busy eating heart shaped strawberry marshmallows, doing V-day crafts: making handprint hearts and animal heart puppets and valentines for our favorite friends and nursery teachers (Thatcher also got to do a valentine craft last Saturday at home depot that he is planning on giving to Kelly and Josh). Mom did some crafts of her own and made a sign and some hearts to hang from her tree. Then we made sugar cookies and had a blast using our cookie cutters to cut out heart shapes. On Valentines we finished our celebrations with pink heart-shaped pancakes and strawberries and pink milk.






But...the Valentine highlights of this year were definitely the package that Thatcher and James got from their nanny and pop (they went all out and spoiled the boys with fun treats) and the Valentines party Thatcher got invited to where he made a Love Bug hat, decorated cookies, played games and made Valentines with his friends.






I love holidays with my boys. I never knew I would be the kind of mom that gets so excited, but it is easy when you have kids who make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment