Tuesday, September 28, 2010

chocolate lover


The other day I was in a huge hurry. As incentive to get Thatcher to move a little faster leaving the gym, I told him he could have a treat if he was super fast getting in the car. He will do anything for a 'treat' so when we got home, I quickly gave him a few chocolate chips from the 72 oz chocolate lover's bag I had bought at Sam's club the day before. I ran upstairs to shower, throw on clothes, and jump back in the car for story time. James was asleep in the car and I new Thatcher would be fine playing by himself. I came down 15 minutes later to quite the scene. Thatcher was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs with a mouth stuffed full of chocolate chips, chocolate all over his face, and chocolate chips all over the carpet. He kept saying, "fall" though it was a little hard to understand with all the chocolate in his mouth. Sure enough...I went into the kitchen and all 4 1/2 pounds of chocolate chips were covering my kitchen floor. I am sure he tried to reach up to grab a few more and the bag fell on the floor, then I am guessing he tried to pick it up and just made it worse. We were already in such a hurry that I didn't think to take a picture until the mess was cleaned up, but here is my chocolate-faced boy. So cute.

Oh, and the follow up to the story is that I think he got his first headache and said no to a chocolate chip cookie for the first time in his life. I guess that is what 15 minutes of stuffing your face full of chocolate chips will do to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment