Wednesday, August 22, 2012

proof

I have been keeping a list the last few weeks of all the things that go on daily that I know I might forget someday. I do not find this list cute or funny, but I might want to remember just how naughty James was...once he turns into the outstanding young man I am sure he will be. For posterity's sake, here is just a sampling of what mischief James has caused the last few weeks (Thatcher is sometimes involved, but it is usually James who is the instigator):

- I got out play-doh for the boys, then nursed Hadley (it only takes about 10 minutes), then went back into the kitchen where all the play-doh (probably 7 containers worth) had been thrown all over the kitchen. Rolled into little balls and then thrown. I was right there, but had no idea anything was going on, both boys were so quiet about the whole thing.

- In one day James found his way into the pantry (that is child-proofed) and dumped rice all over the kitchen floor, then he found a bottle of melatonin pills that Ty had left on the bathroom counter and dumped those all over the kitchen floor, and then while I was watching him from my bed (again, nursing Hadley), he dumped nail polish remover all over the carpet in my bathroom. ONE DAY!

- Another day James grabbed a huge container of Total cereal and a thing of nuts and ran into my room. As soon as I realized he was gone I ran to my room (if I don't know where James is at all times I know something is going on). The entire thing of Total (two cereal boxes worth) and nuts were all over my bedroom rug and he was jumping on top of the mess turning the cereal into crumbs.

- I left the yogurt out that Thatcher likes to eat every morning (the big 32 oz containers). He dumped it out and proceeded to smear it out all over the kitchen table.

- He has a continual fascination with dumping sand all over the trampoline and into the air conditioning unit despite many punishments.

- With his favorite partner in crime, James and Thatcher each empties their own box of cheerios all over the wood floors. We had just finished eating breakfast and I was clearing the table when I heard the sound of thousands of cheerios hitting the floor.

- He successfully breaks any toy he wants to.

- He got into Ty's shaving cream and sprayed it all over his body and the bathroom (again while I was right there and watching, but nursing Hadley).

- He emptied out a newly refilled wipes container one wipe at a time.

- We got raspberries as a special treat and after having a good snack of them I put them away. James was upset because he wanted more but I told him he would have to wait. He then asked me if I was going to go do my hair and I said yes and started to leave. The second I was out of sight he ran to the fridge to get the raspberries out.

- While with my mom in my room James emptied out a number of items from the fridge and tried to eat a huge block of cheese.

- Got into the fridge and ate two uncooked tortillas (he also gave one to Thatcher who at one as well). Oh and we have tried to baby proof the fridge, but James has already broken the latch I bought...twice.

- James found a bag of shredded cheese in the fridge and dumped it all over the trampoline.

- Picked up a rock while at the gym and banged it against the car a number of times while I was getting Hadley in.

- Dumped all of his cars behind his bookshelves.

- Everytime we color, the second I leave the room James colors his legs, arms, belly, back, and anything he can get to quickly.

- Took the lid of the fish tank and splashed water all over his bed, floor and self (this is after he killed Hadley the fish by feeding her too much). Ty insisted on giving him one more chance to have the fish in his room. Yesterday he was laying on his bed and kicking the fish tank with both feet resulting in huge splashes which is exactly what he was going for.

- When he is in time out he likes to throw chairs at the door, and anything else he can get his hands on.

- He can be so sweet with Hadley and then the next second he is jumping on her, whacking her with his pig, and doing other naughty things.

- One day I was on the phone with Bekah and nursing Hadley. I knew the boys were playing with fruit and I asked them to stop. I then threatened them, but didn't do anything about it because of nursing and being on the phone. I let whatever they were doing go on for about 10 minutes (maybe less), then got off the phone when Hadley was done. I found avacados, peaches, apples, and mangoes all over the laundry room floor. They had been thrown against the walls. There was peach juice everywhere and all the fruit was bruised.

- Ripped off the foam that protects the bars on the trampoline.

The crazy thing is that this isn't even everything. There are so many other little stories and incidents that happen all the time that I am not remembering. Just today James went to wash his hands and he was gone longer than 30 seconds with no water running so I ran to find him and he was in his room with the door shut doing naughty things with his toothpaste. The other day I was dusting and discovered an otterpop that had melted all over Hadley's window sill. I am really strict about only eating otterpops outside...but apparently one was eaten without my knowledge...or not eaten and left to melt. Food is a constant issue. Every meal there is something that is consciously thrown, smeared, smashed, or dropped and he always gets in trouble for it, but apparently my disciplining isn't getting through. It is a constant battle feeling like I can't nurse or even change a diaper without panicking because James has been gone longer than 10 seconds and could be doing something terrible destructive and naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment