Monday, April 30, 2012

March 2012

Trying to play catch up with very few pictures and pregnancy brain might not work that well, but here are a few highlights from March that I don't want to forget.

I found a beginner snowboard on clearance so I bought it for Thatcher and one Saturday we went on a search for snow. We ended up driving almost all the way up to Snow Bowl before we found a little stretch of snow we thought would work. Thatcher had such a great time. He is such a good sport when trying new things and Ty pushed and pulled him around on the snowboard until we were all pretty ready to go home.









Some of my personal highlights from the month include getting to see Suz, a friend from BYU I hadn't seen in almost 10 years. She and her husband were passing through Flagstaff and came over one night. It was so great to see them and remember what a good friend I have in her. Love her!

That same weekend we were able to go to the temple in Snowflake with some friends. We all took turns watching kids and doing temple work and then we had a fabulous picnic (where we set off the fire alarm at a nearby church...oops!). It was a special day and made me realize we need to make more of an effort to do temple work.

We celebrated Logan's birthday at the end of March with a special cake and dinner. The boys love birthdays and love Logan so it was a fun day for them too.




The rest of the month was spent teaching a lot at the gym, studying for my certification test, teaching relief society, planning and putting on a relief society activity, surviving being 8 months pregnant and living normal life (though it felt like all those things sometimes got in the way of really focusing on the boys and meeting their needs).




The last week of March was crazy. My friends Bridget Munger, Lizz Parker, and Sam Pickup threw me a baby shower and it was amazing. The food was to die for, so many people came, and I felt so loved and spoiled the whole night. It has taken a long time for me to make friends in Flagstaff, but I feel so grateful and lucky for the friends I have here. The next day I drove down to Phoenix and the next day I took my ACE (American Council on Exercise) Group Fitness Certification Exam. I had been studying for it for a while and was very nervous that I wouldn't pass. It was a challenging test, but I passed and was so relieved when I did. After the test I was able to go to lunch with my Grandpa and Joan and Erin Meyers before going to a doctor's appointment. I came home from Phoenix and started packing up our townhome and by Saturday afternoon of conference weekend we were officially in our new house in Bellemont. It was a crazy week!













No comments:

Post a Comment