Sunday, May 15, 2011

jamesy

A few memories that make me feel so lucky to have James (and not any other baby in this whole world) as mine:

This morning James tried to shave his face. Like his dad does. With his dad's razor. He cut his lip and gave himself a little rash on his cheek. I felt so bad that I didn't catch him in time to save his lip...but he didn't even notice, and it was pretty cute.

The other day I was sitting with Thatcher in time out and James came over. It was obvious he was concerned about Thatcher being sad so he climbed up the stairs and gave Thatcher a big hug, then he wiggled his way between me and Thatcher and sat on the stairs with us until time out was over. I love how sensitive he is to others.

When we got to the cabin on Friday night it was pretty late. Thatcher was dead asleep and James should have been too. Instead he was walking around, exploring every nook and cranny of the cabin. He opened every cupboard, looked inside, and then went on to the next. He walked the entire time, and it was so cute. He was perfectly content and doing his own thing (something that doesn't happen a lot).

He has been sick today which is always a bummer...but in between tantrums and cleaning up diarrhea, we have been able to snuggle a lot. I love how loving and cuddly my baby is. He is even more cuddly when he is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment